Innovation vs Creativity
- the action or process of innovating.
- synonyms: change, alteration, revolution, upheaval, transformation, metamorphosis,
- a new method, idea, product, etc.
plural noun: innovations “technological innovations designed to save energy”
- the use of the imagination or original ideas, especially in the production of an artistic work.
- synonyms: inventiveness, imagination, innovation, innovativeness, originality, individuality.
Mistakes Are Opportunities
Often, the truly creative solutions to a problem aren’t where we expect to find it. We can look and look in a particular place for an answer, then suddenly, we’ll find the answer somewhere else.
Serendipity: A moment of inspiration where you creatively find answers when you look at one thing then, but by a lucky accident, you see another.
Example: Constantine Fahlberg was working with a new combination of chemicals in 1879 and rubbed an itching lip without washing his hands. The sweet substance he tasted when he licked his lips became saccharin, a substitute for sugar.
Serial Innovator, Keynote Speaker, Trainer, Innovative Thinking
Tags: innovative thinking, creative, creative thinking, Innovation, critical thinking definition, innovation definition, critical thinking skills, creative process