Team Think Is Critical
Team Think is one of the best ways to encourage employees to motivate themselves and one another to develop innovative solutions.
Remember, everything we discussed in this book thus far which applied to you personally to get you into condition for creative thinking, also applies to each individual team member. Here are some highlights that will remind you how to get your team thinking creatively.
- Know your team members and their individual goals.
- Give them permission to be participating members of the team. No judgment.
- Include, don’t exclude. Encourage them to participate.
- Create opportunities for them to express their thoughts, ideas, and opinions in a caring neutral environment.
- Value the individual and their input.
- Encourage them to listen and give feedback to one another.
- Communicate all information to the team.
- Encourage team member to improve the
- Give employees permission to say “yes” to ideas they think are good.
- Break down barriers by encouraging team building skills as a core competency.
- Ask employees from many different levels, what they think needs to be changed and what is working well.
“Creativity comes from a conflict of ideas.”
Serial Innovator, Keynote Speaker, Trainer, Innovative Thinking
Tags: innovative thinking, creative, creative thinking, Innovation, critical thinking definition, innovation definition, critical thinking skills, creative process